Coimbatore is one of the largest cities located at the foothills of western ghats in the state of Tamil Nadu. This city is a hub of textile industries and manufacturing units. Not just that it has ancient temples, classy new buildings, mountains, mesmerizing waterfalls, amazing cuisine and pleasant weather all round the year. The city has got some great trekking and camping activities around, world-famous Adi Yogi Shiva statue. Since it, a well-developed city it has got all the modern and basic amenities tourists would like to have on their vacations. We bring you the list of places you can choose to visit while on a holiday in and around Coimbatore. Visit Family tour Packages
1. KovaiKondattam – This is about 2 km from Coimbatore, a fun-filled and typical destination to spend a few hours with family and friends. This is an eco-friendly water park with numerous water-based and dry rides. This destination offers a venue for events like conferences, receptions, parties, and other such corporate bookings. There are attractions like Water Falls, Dashing Car, Water Falls, Dashing Car, Wave pool, Dashing Cars, Rock Climbing, Pirate Ship, Merry-go-round many other such rides for people to spend best of times with their families.
2. Marudhamalai Hill Temple – This is a temple at a height of 500 ft, located at a distance of around 15 km from Coimbatore. The main Deity of this temple is Lord Muruga. This hill also grows some medicinal herbs used in the making of Ayurvedic medicines. Certain buses have been permitted to get through the temple on the top the facility of which can be availed.
3. Adi Yogi Shiva Statue – The statue which is carved out of 500 tonnes of steel is located at the foothills of the Velliangiri Mountains in the Western Ghats. This is the world’s biggest bust statue of Lord Shiva with a height of 112 feet. It is also a part of Guinness World Book of Records as the “largest bust sculpture”. The statue of Adi Yogi meaning “the first yogi”, Originator of Yoga was inaugurated in 2017 to promote and ecourage practicing Yoga. People of all races and religions are encouraged to take part in various cultural and other activities frequently organized at this center. A shrine has been constructed to meditate or chant at the bottom of the statue, a cafeteria exists which serves south Indian food which can be consumed at very reasonable prices. This is one of the major tourist attractions of the city which is all-time crowded with tourists and locals alike.
4. Vydehi Falls – This waterfall highly known for its magnificence and one of the most familiar attractions around the city. It is located at a distance of 35 km from the city amidst a scenic region. It attracts a large number of tourists because of the serenity and natural beauty it has got to offer. This must be one of the must-visit places around Coimbatore which can be reached by a taxi or cab if you aren’t driving by yourself.
5. PerurPateeswarar Temple – This is a temple dedicated to Lord Patteeswarar who is referred to Lord Natraja (the dancing form of Lord Shiva). Located at a distance of 9 km from the city this ancient temple has beautiful artwork, sculptures, paintings and carvings which attract people from around the world who are culture, history or art enthusiasts in specific. This temple is visited to admire the traditional architecture and marvelous artwork which also offers a vibe of positivity.
6. Isha Yoga Center – This is a Yoga Ashram which is a non-profit and non-religious center which attracts people from around the world. This center is founded by SadhguruJaggi Vasudev. It is located at a distance of about 18 miles from Coimbatore. The setting of the ashram itself is rejuvenating located at the base of the Velliangiri Mountains, making the yoga sessions even more productive and internally rewarding. One can enroll in the different Yoga courses and sessions offered here.
7. KovaiKutralam Falls – Thi is an exhilarating waterfall in the region of Siruvani which is about 37 km from the city. This is known for the scenic landscape it offers that too in-depth of woods which are not easily accessible. Because of this reason, visitors are not allowed here post 5 pm. It is truly worth visiting this spot for the immense inner joy it offers which will leave you fascinated with the panoramic view of the surroundings. Book Honeymoon Tour Packages.